Wildlife Animals in Indiana
Grade Level: 2-3
Note: This lesson would be easier to complete if students had established beasic computing knowledge.
Students will work on a computer to find different pictures of different wildlife that inhabit Indiana. They will use Flickr, an online site to find their pictures and create a narrative.
- Computer with internet connection, Flickr account, and Pictures of the following animals:
- White-tailed deer
  
1. Upload pictures from a list of wildlife animals found in Indiana.
2. Pull up account of pictures through Flickr.com on projector for students.
3. Tell students purpose and description of lesson.
*Example: "While using the pictures for inspiration, I want you to write a story about the animals in the picture. Don't worry too much about spelling, just focus on creating a detailed description."
4. Allow students to write for 15-20 minutes.
5. Ask a few students to share stories.
6. Continue to follow procedure as many times as time will allow.