Kontainer (Click link to return to the main WIKI page)
Brief Project Description:
This project was developed for the following reasons:
- To get students to examine, explore, and investigate various types of Web 2.0 technologies, as well as discover ways to use those tools to enhance teaching and learning.
- To have students work on a real-world, team-based problem where they need to develop skills of communication and cooperation in order to create and deliver the needed wiki repository outcome.
- To have students gain a more global perspective, by including team members from universities around the world.
- To develop a practical tool that helps anyone at any time and location review, compare, and select effective Web 2.0 tools.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Researcher (which everyone does)
- Writer (takes the research, checks for plagiarism, makes it comprehensive)
- Developer (organizes the page, works on coding)
- Visual Artist (finds pictures, videos, etc. to make the page pretty)
- Evaluators (like editors, checks out other sites for things we could use, makes sure our page is logical and makes sense)
- Presenter (I think everyone does this, we rotate at the showcase presenting our poster and site)
- Peer Evaluator (in the week of April 12, a few students will check out other wikis and evaluate them)
- Poster Creator (creates poster/trifold, designs brochure to handout, creates or decides on some swag to give away [possibly candy?]
Roles so far:
- Beka - developer, visual artist, poster creator, writer, peer evaluator
- Alex - poster creator, writer, lesson plans
- Jesse - writer, editor, poster creator, visual artist, lesson plans
- Josh - writer, visual artist, poster creator
- Nic - poster creator, writer, presenter
- Tip - peer evaluator, writer, visual artist, lesson plans
Group Member Introductions:
*Please provide a brief introduction about yourself. Feel free to include a picture!
My name is Beka Garman, and I am your project manager!
That's a (very bad) picture of me and my fiance, Brendon.
A little bit about me: I just got engaged a few weeks ago and I'm very excited to start planning my wedding!
I love watching TV and movies, and sometimes I like to play video games.
I also like to cook and bake, and I do a radio show every Friday night with two of my friends.
Feel free to post some information about yourself, and maybe a picture too, so we can get to know each other!
Hey guys. I'm Josh Peterman, and I'm a sophomore here at Purdue. My hobbies include hunting, fishing, all sports, playing guitar, and listening to music. I'm not too intersted in computers and all that stuff, but I'll do my part to make sure we do well on this project.
My name is Tippany Tippin and I am a sophomore here at Purdue. I am going to be honest I am not a fan of computers so there you go. I am for the most part a fun loving person and I like to laugh. I am the youngest of 10 kids and I am pretty close to most of my siblings. Jesse Small and I went to school together and she is in our group. That's about all I have to say.
Hi there! My name's Jesse Small. I'm engaged and getting married June 12th. I am a freshman from a tiny town called Ladoga and, unfortunately, graduated from the same school as Tippany. Isn't life ironic? lol I love school, hate computers. I am a country girl and will always be that way. Every fall I'm in the woods with my daddy hunting deer and turkeys! That's all I have to say about that.... !us.jpg|border=1!
Hi, my name is Nic Murray. I am a sophomore here at Purdue.
I am a physical education major and as you might have guessed I love sports. My favorite sports are baseball and tennis.
I also like to cook and grilling is my favorite way to cook. If I could I would grill everything!
I am from the middle of no where Indiana in a small town named Logansport. So now living in West lafayette it seems like I live in a major city, and I love it.
Here's a picture of me, Nicklas.