Page Edited By: Michael M.
What does Plurk do?
Plurk provides an easy way for users to chronicle and share the things they do, the way they feel, and all the other things in between that make up their lives, with the people close to them. Plurk brings people together in a public forum of expression which allows them to easily keep in touch with friends near and far while making new ones along the way.
What can Plurk members do?
Plurk members can:
- Share their posts (known as "Plurks") with all users or select users (known as "Cliques").
- Share web images, YouTube videos, and other media with fellow users.
- Respond to other members' "Plurks".
- Make use of "Qualifiers," which are color-coded words that are commonly used by Plurk members to start their posts. They make it easy for users to identify different types of posts visually.
- Post updates by instant messaging or text messaging.
- Create profile pages to tell other users more about themselves. 1
What purpose does Plurk serve?
The purpose of Plurk is to allow users to showcase the events that make up their lives and follow the events of the people that matter to them. Top
Who is Plurk's audience?
Anyone who wants to share who they are, what they do, what they feel, and their likes and dislikes with other people. Top
- User must be at least 13 years of age to use the Service.
- User must agree to keep his/her password secure.
- User is solely responsible for any activity that occurs under his/her screen name and account.
- User must not harass, intimidate, threaten or impersonate other Plurk users.
- User must agree not to engage in any illegal or unauthorized conduct and agree to comply with all local laws that may be applicable to him/her regarding acceptable online conduct, behavior and content usage.
- User is solely responsible for any data, screen names, graphics, photos, profiles, audio and video clips, links and any other content (from here on referred to as Content) that you submit, post and display on Plurk.
- Plurk administrators may, but have no obligation to, remove Content and accounts containing Content that we consider in our sole discretion being unlawful, offensive, threatening, obscene or otherwise objectionable or violate any party's intellectual property rights. While Plurk prohibits such Content on the site, you understand and agree that the Content posted on Plurk by its users is not necessarily reviewed by Plurk and Plurk cannot be held responsible for this Content.
- User must agree to indemnify, defend and hold Plurk harmless from and against any and all claims, damages, losses and expenses (including but not limited to reasonable legal fees) relating to any acts by user, including but not limited to any content submitted by user, in connection with using Plurk, resulting in claims against us by other users or third parties.
- User must agree not to modify, adapt or hack the Plurk Service, transmit any worms or viruses or any code of a destructive nature.
- User must agree not to modify another website so as to falsely imply that it is associated with the Plurk Service.
- User must agree not to send any unsolicited commercial messages (i.e. "Spam") to any Plurk users.
- Plurk administrators reserve the right to modify or terminate the Service, and to refuse the Service to anyone, for any reason, with or without notice, at any time.
- User must agree that Plurk administrators may reclaim usernames on the Service on behalf of businesses or individuals who hold legal claim or trademark on those usernames.
1. Plurk.com. "Plurk FAQ." Retrieved on 2008-11-09.
2. Plurk.com. "Plurk Terms of Service." Retrieved on 2008-11-09.
- Plurk Screenshot from TeamPlurk's Profile. http://www.plurk.com/TeamPlurk .Retrieved on 2008-11-09.