Questions to be addressed:
-What does TeacherTube actually do?
TeacherTube allows teachers, and other members of the website to create, upload, browse, and share videos. One can also subscribe to other members with similar interests as well as use the videos on a personal website. It allows people to share their ideas, educational videos, and creativeness.
- " With TeacherTube, community members can:
- Upload, tag and share videos worldwide.
- Upload Support Files to attach your educational Activities, Assessments, Lesson Plans, Notes, and Other file formats to your video.
- Browse hundreds of videos uploaded by community members.
- Find, join and create video groups to connect with people who have similar interests.
- Customize the experience by subscribing to member videos, saving favorites, and creating playlists. - Integrate TeacherTube videos on websites using video embeds or APIs.
- Make videos public or private - users can elect to broadcast their videos publicly or share them privately with those they invite."
This information was found at <http://www.sc.gov/NewsCenter/SCSL/pr04212008a.htm>
-Why was it developed?
The goal of TeacherTube was to create an online site that allowed teachers to create instructional videos to better their colleagues as well as their students. There seems to be a need for more educationally based websites that will better the education of current teachers, "teachers teaching teachers". It is also a place for teachers to create videos to further a student's understanding of a certain skill.
-What purpose(s) does it serve?
It's purpose is to give learners and teachers a place to gather new perspectives and new information on many different topics. "It is a site to provide anytime, anywhere professional development with teachers teaching teachers. As well, it is a site where teachers can post videos designed for students to view in order to learn a concept or skill. "
-Who is the audience?
The audience can be anyone, but is specifically useful for teachers, home learners, and schools, because it is an educational based website.
-How does it work?
First how do we sign up?
- You will get an initial screen that looks like this:
- The next screen you will see looks like this:
- After you complete your sign up process, you will be sent an e-mail and then lead to a screen that looks like this:
- Simply scroll to the bottom of the page and click the skip button if you do not wish to invite family members or fellow teachers to the website.
- After doing that, you will be lead to your main log in page that will look like this:
- From here, you can access your profile, videos you have uploaded to TeacherTube, any videos you have linked as favorites, or any other information needed to create a function TeacherTube account.