Here is the page to add your found research too. Remember this is 6 points of our 70 and is due next tuesday (3/31). So lets get this done and get started on the right foot.
Chris A. Kniesly's Research
Ustream was founded by Brad Hunstable and John Ham who were cadets at West Point. They originally created Ustream for members of the millitary to talk to their families via webcam while serving overseas.
Ustream is now for use by anyone who has acess to the internet. The live nature of this site allows for interaction in a way that other video sites cannot. This is useful for many purposes, including, but not limited to, live events, conferences, and games.
General Wesley Clark on the Board of Advisors for Ustream. Additionally, many of the presidential canidates for 2008 used it for campaign events.
Dustin Long. This a forum for the site.
Wikipidia has a great background to start on with research
Uses of ustream.tv
How to record live tv stream on ustream.tv
unique ways of using Ustream
Unique ways of using Ustream
One way that ustream.tv can be used by students and in classrooms.
Another way that ustream.tv can be used in classrooms and lectures:
HOW Ustream.tv CAN BE USED FOR EDUCATIONAL/LEARNING PURPOSES:
1. TV Tutor: language learning show, created by KET German tutors, show is entirely in German, covers interesting topics such as music, sports, and movies, conversation/talk show, "students at all levels of German study should be able to follow along," student viewers can "add their own voice to the mix through special features available through the Ustream.tv platform"
2. Reasons for educators to use Ustream.tv: appropriate for k-16 education (preview before to be sure), free, "creators are making an intentional effort to capture the attention of educators and encouraging educator uses," can make it your own by only allowing those you invite to view your videos, "popular video formats, such as FLV, WMV, MP4 and MOV"
3. Ustream.tv can be used in the classroom to watch videos for free that a teacher may not be able to get otherwise. For example, major political events such as debates, speeches, rallies, talk shows, and school and business events and training all can be viewed for educational purposes.
Ustream can be used to connect parents and the community to the classroom is ways that may not have been otherwise possible.
Jessica Fields EDCI 270 Project 2 What are the different types of applications this website can be used with or on?
1. The cite Ustream.TV can be used as a Mac OS X dashboard widget. You can download the Ustream.TV widget from their cite and add it to your Mac. There are a few certain features such as you can create a "favorites list" of all your favorite videos. Also there is a live streaming list of the newest and up to date streams. You can all be notified with a "growl notification" on new streams and videos. This dashboard widget for Mac OS X can also be used with the new operating system Leopard. http://developer.ustream.tv/api_gallery 2. Ustream.TV is found in the application store also known as the "apps. Store" for the Apple iPhone 3G. This came about right before the inauguration of Barack Obama. The application is only available whenever the iPhone is connected to a WiFi internet (this is only for now). http://www.inquisitir.com/15864/first-look-ustream-application-for-iphone/ 3. This cite is a member of the networking social group, Twitter. The people posting "tweets" talk about the upcoming live streams, and most popular videos. Their Twitter homepage says that their location is Mountainview, California. http://twitter.com/UstreamTV
7 Important things that you should know about Ustream.tv
Live From Ustream: Everything From the Momentous to the Mundane
Politicians Embracing Technology To Actually Communicate With Constituents
How Does it work?
Joe Mushrush: this is a little bit showing what to do with ustream and how it works http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ustream.tv the methods section is good.
Joe Mushrush: you must create an account first, then log in and you can begin broadcasting. you can watch on your iphone and people watch live across the internet.
Joe Mushrush: users can chat on the video or post coments. there is a live section where people can watch something that is currently going on live.
- An article on how one teacher has used Ustream as professional development and to allow parents to view their students' presentation without having to attend the school.
- A good link to access to see how as educators we can utilize Ustream.
A report from the founder of Ustream, Brad Hunstable, about how Ustream was used as an interactive classroom. Students were about to watch the broadcast and then tap into the chat room and ask the speaker a question