For users sitting in BRWN or WTHR.
To setup a printer on Windows 7 systems, follow these steps:
- Click Start
- In the Search Programs and files box, type: \\1393-printers1.chem.purdue.edu Hit Enter.
- In the dialog box that opens, scroll to the correct printer name (for example, 1393-CopyCenterColor)
- Double click on the printer name.
If you logged in with your career account and password, it will automatically install the printer for you.
If you logged in to laptop with local account, on the windows: Do you trust this printer? Click Install driver. It will automatically install the printer for you.
To setup a printer on OS X systems, please follow these steps:
- Open the System Preferences.
- Click on the Printers & Scanners icon.
- If you not log in with administrator account, click on the lock icon in the bottom-left corner, then authenticate yourself with username and password.
- Click on the '+' button.
- In the new window, press the Advanced button.
- If you do not see the Advanced button, right-click or Control+click on any of the buttons in the tool-bar and select Customize Toolbar... then drag the Advanced button to your tool-bar.
- For Type: select "Windows printer via spoolss".
- In the URL: text-box insert:
- Fill in the appropriate information for the Name (eg. 1393-CopyCenterColor ).
- In the Use: drop-down-menu, select Generic PostScript Printer.
- Click the Add button, and when the drop-down appears, be sure to check the box for Duplex Printing Unit, if the printer has the capability.
- Click the Continue button.
- When you print for the first time, you will be prompted for a username and password. For the username, input
For password input your ITaP career account password. If you do not want to be prompted for a username and password each time, be sure to check the box for 'Remember this password in my keychain', and press the OK button.