To setup set up a printer on a Windows 7 systemssystem, follow these steps:
- Click Start
- In the Search Programs and files box, type: \\print.science.purdue.edu
- Hit Press Enter
- If it prompts you for your username & password use: onepurdue\careeraccount and your password
- In the dialog box that opens, scroll to the correct printer name (typically based on building and location)
- Double click on the correct printer to install
To setup a printer on OS X systems, please follow these steps:
- Open the System Preferences.
- Click on the Printers & Scanners icon.
- Click on the lock icon in the bottom-left corner, then authenticate yourself with username and password.
- Click on the '+' button.
- In the new window, press the Advanced button.
- If you do not see the Advanced button, right-click or Control+click on any of the buttons in the tool-bar and select Customize Toolbar... then drag the Advanced button to your tool-bar.
- For Type: select "Windows".
- In the URL: text-box insert:
Ubuntu Linux - Laptops
Follow the general settings here, inserting the name of the printer you wish to use and your Purdue career account username.
On the following screens, choose Generic, and a generic PostScript driver.