To setup set up a printer on a Windows 7 system, follow these steps:
- Click Start
- In the Search Programs and files box, type: \\print.science.purdue.edu
- Hit Press Enter
- If it prompts you for your username & password use: onepurdue\careeraccount and your password
- In the dialog box that opens, scroll to the correct printer name (typically based on building and location)
- Double click on the correct printer to install
To setup a printer on OS X systems, please follow these steps:
Open the System Preferences.
Click on the Printers & Scanners icon.
Click on the lock icon in the bottom-left corner, then authenticate yourself with username and password.
Click on the '+' button.
In the new window, press the Advanced button.
- If you do not see the Advanced button, right-click or Control+click on any of the buttons in the tool-bar and select Customize Toolbar... then drag the Advanced button to your tool-bar.
For Type: select "Windows".
In the URL: text-box insert:
- smb://print.science.purdue.edu/<printer-name>. (see attached picture)
Fill in the appropriate information for the Name and Location
In the Print Using: drop-down-menu, select the appropriate driver for the printer model. If you do not know the printer model, you can safely select Generic PostScript Printer.
Click the Add button, and when the drop-down appears, be sure to check the box for Duplex Printing Unit, if the printer has the capability.
Click the Continue button.
When you print for the first time, you will be prompted for a username and password. For the username, input
Ubuntu Linux - Laptops
Follow the general settings here, inserting the name of the printer you wish to use and your Purdue career account username.
On the following screens, choose Generic, and a generic PostScript driver.