How do EduBlogs work and how to get involved using the program
How it works
20 mb of upload space
simply for those involved in education
this contains an image that I want to include
- http://edublogs.org This web address will bring you to the main page of edublogs. From there you can click on sign up here. Next you will be asked to enter a username. This name is not changeable in the future so make sure you pick one that you like. You will add your email and the verification code and click next (Note, your email and most everything else on EduBlogs CAN be changed later, just not your username).
- Also, make sure that your email is entered correctly or your username will no longer be available and the account you just created will be invalid.
- If you have trouble creating a username with your current email, you might try creating a free account with a server such as gmail, hotmail, or yahoo.
- On the next page you will be asked to create a blog title (which can be changed at any time) and enter your user type (student, teacher, other). Then click sign up!
- Once your blog is created check your email. You should have an email from edublogs. Open it and click the activation code for your password which will be sent to your email. Once you have a password you can start using edublogs.
- Log in to Edu Blogs with your username and password, and click on the Dashboard (your work area) or the Visit Site (to see what your site will look like to others). Dashboard will contain any new information from EduBlogs that you may need to know. It will also show recent activity so that you know whether or not you need to change, delete, or edit any comments.
- The most important tabs include Write, Manage, Design, Comment, Upgrades. They will be used frequently in changing your page. You will also see tabs to Write a new Page or Write a Post. These will also be helpful tools.
- Before doing any of this though, you will want to change your password.
Creating a Theme:
- In your blog, go to Design>Custom Image Header (different themes are different sizes, so be sure to pick one that goes with the size you need).
- Theme Types: One Column, Two Column with sidebars (left or right), 3 Column with left and right, and four column themes
How to change themes:
- Go to Design>Themes.
- Pick the one you want. Click on the image of the theme or the name of it to activate it.