This page collects useful information to keep track of the work on the pixel DQM.
Useful information and links
Please add tasks and put your name in whichever task you are working on. For more tasks contact Francesco Fiori directly.
- provide module level maps for "Inactive Hits" and pull distributions with the same structure as the available residuals distributions. DONE Unknown User (sfolguer)
Move the LS trends in trends each 10 LS: using the “LumiBlock” instead of “Lumisection” in the offline, in Online we could keep single LS granularity (need to add a switch, like the “PerModule” to allow different specs in Online and Offline) PENDING Unknown User (sfolguer)
INFO FROM FRANCESCO:
as an example look here https://github.com/cms-sw/cmssw/blob/master/DQM/SiPixelPhase1Common/python/HistogramManager_cfi.py#L154
the point is to change the "Lumisection" with "LumiBlock" used here https://github.com/cms-sw/cmssw/blob/master/DQM/SiPixelPhase1Digis/python/SiPixelPhase1Digis_cfi.py#L91 as an example. However we have to keep the possibility to use the simple Lumisection in Online, this require to add a cpl of switches "Online" and "Offline" to those available here https://github.com/cms-sw/cmssw/blob/master/DQM/SiPixelPhase1Digis/python/SiPixelPhase1Digis_cfi.py#L91 and keep the "Lumisection" when Online is true, while the "LumiBlock" when it is false.
How to test a new development (useful links and instructions):
- Create the CMSSW area in one of the development releases (typically one CMSSW_X_Y_Z_preT).
- Download the relevant packages you want to modify.
- Do the changes and test the senquence.
- To test the sequence using data you can use the online/offline client: https://github.com/cms-sw/cmssw/blob/master/DQM/Integration/python/clients/pixel_dqm_sourceclient-live_cfg.py
- To set-up your own GUI to show your results you should follow the instructions there: https://twiki.cern.ch/twiki/bin/view/CMS/DQMGuiForUsers
Please update here your availability to devote time to code-development as well as time of presence at CERN so we can try to organise on-call shifts during that time.