Students will be planning an imaginary camping trip to research mammals in nature using the web application BackPackIt.
After collaborating with group members and planning their trip students will be able to use BackPackIt effectively and describe their trip and what mammals they will experience on their trip in a one page paper.
Materials: Students will need access to a computer with internet access to be able to plan their trip using BackPackIt .com.
- Students will put in groups of three or four.
- Students will access the internet and log on to BackPackIt.com.
- The y will then find their group members online and begin discussing using BackPackIt’s various tools to plan a camping trip for three days in which they will be researching mammals in their natural habitat.
- Each group will need to include the following in their planning:
- Where they will be camping
- What supplies they will need for three days and who will bring them
- What mammals they will see while camping and the mammals regular living habits (diet, home, physical characteristics)
- After each group has collaborated on BackPackIt, they will need to organize their plans and information into a one page paper.
*example lesson plan