To setup a printer on OS X systems, please follow these steps:
- Open the System Preferences.
- Click on the Printers & Scanners icon.
- Click on the lock icon in the bottom-left corner, then authenticate yourself with username and password.
- Click on the '+' button.
- In the new window, press the Advanced button.
For Type: select "Windows".In the URL: text-box insert:Fill in the appropriate information for the Name and Location
- If you do not see the Advanced button, right-click or Control+click on any of the buttons in the tool-bar and select Customize Toolbar... then drag the Advanced button to your tool-bar.
In the Print Using: drop-down-menu, select the appropriate driver for the printer model. If you do not know the printer model, you can safely select Generic PostScript Printer.Click the Add button, and when the drop-down appears, be sure to check the box for Duplex Printing Unit, if the printer has the capability.Click the Continue button.When you print for the first time, you will be prompted for a username and password. For the username, input
For password input your ITaP career account password. If you do not want to be prompted for a username and password each time, be sure to check the box for 'Remember this password in my keychain', and press the OK button.